60657 Call: 773-525-5200 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Your body depends on water for survival. Did you know that water makes up more than half of your body weight? Every cell, tissue and organ in your body needs water to function correctly. For example, your body uses water to maintain its temperature, remove waste and lubricate joints. Water is essential for good health. It is also important to stay hydrated during the summer when it is exceptionally hot outside!
So, here are some tips to make it easy to stay hydrated and healthy:
* Keep a bottle of water with you during the day. Consider carrying a reusable water bottle and filling it from the tap rather than purchasing bottled water, which is expensive and creates plastic bottle waste.
* If plain water doesn’t interest you, try adding a slice of lemon or lime to your drink.
* If you’re going to be exercising, make sure you drink water before, during and after your workout.
* Start and end your day with a glass of water.
* When you’re feeling hungry, drink water. The sensation of thirst is often confused with hunger. True hunger will not be satisfied by drinking water. Drinking water may also contribute to a healthy weight loss plan, as some research suggests drinking water will help you feel full.
* Drink on a schedule if you have trouble remembering to drink water. For example, drink water when you wake up; at breakfast, lunch and dinner; and when you go to bed. Or drink a small glass of water at the top of each hour.
* Drink water when you go to a restaurant. Not only does it keep you hydrated, but it’s free!
Remember to keep drinking water- no matter how hot it is outside!
Water is your friend